Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Not Really Jumbalaya

 I recently read a recipe (and no it wasn't from pinterest - I know..shocking) and it was a really yummy sounding jumbalaya recipe.  I was at a lost at what to make for dinner tonight and I was to lazy to take the drive to the store after just getting home from work.  I was looking around in the pantry and realized that I had "most" things for the jumbalaya recipe.  So with that I came up with my "Not Really Jumbalaya" recipe.


Ingredients:


1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 cups white rice (depends how many you are serving)
1 Green Bell Pepper - chopped
1 Red Pepper - Chopped
A package of  Gardinera stuffed Italian sausage  - cut into about 1 inch pieces
1 24oz can of tomato sauce
1 can of green chilles
1 can of diced tomatoes


1. Cook Rice - set aside
2. In a large pan warm the olive oil, then add the chopped green pepper, chopped red pepper, and the sausage - brown the sausage and soften the peppers
3. Once that is cooked - add the tomato sauce, green chilles, and diced tomatoes - bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the rice - stir up
5. Serve & Enjoy!!!

 I also made biscuits (not by hand, they're pillsbury - lol not that good at cooking) because my 3 guys love biscuits.  But, I made them with a little twist.  Before putting them in the over I spread a little EVOO over the top and then sprinkle some garlic salt on.  Turned out delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment