Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Soon to Be 50 and Fab!

  I'm starting to plan my Mom's 50th birthday in March with the help of my amazing family.  My sister-in-law and best friend, Stacy, have been scouring pinterest for some great ideas.  But, when I sat down at my computer tonight all I could think of was... I don't want my Mom to turn 50.  It's not that I think 50 is old.. far from it, it just means that my Mom is getting older and that thought scares me a little.  But, let me tell you - my mom makes 50 look GOOD! I can only hope she passed all the good genes down to me.  I think sometimes we can take for granted that our parents will always be around, and I, and I'm sure I'm not alone, cannot imagine a life without my Mom and Dad.  My Mom has always been there and now that I'm older I have realized that she has been my ultimate best friend my entire life.  I put her through some tough times and I'm sure there were times where she wished anyone else in the world was her daughter - but she has loved me unconditionally and without fail.  I can't wait to see her enjoy herself at this party - I can't wait for her to see how much love we are going to put into it.  This lady deserves the absolute best.  I just wish the years weren't passing by so fast and that time can slow a little.  Make each day count - 50 years passes by quick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment