Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

A Life Motto

About 3 years ago when I decided to go back to school, I was a little nervous.  I felt as if the journey I was about to embark on was maybe just a little crazy.  Even for me.  I reached out to the person that always seems to have the best advice on ..well everything.  My Dad.  My Dad is probably the smartest person I have ever met.  He's really lived his life and has a way of putting things into perspective for me.  

I reached out to him via e-mail.  With him living in England, the time difference can sometimes get the best of us.  I had asked him if what I wanted was to far fetched, if it was unattainable and just a dream that I should keep as just a dream.  His reply to me hit home - it made complete sense, not just for school, but for everything.  It became my life's motto.  Thank you, Dad - sometimes words can change someone's life. 

That very day I wrote my Dad's quote inside my binder.  Every day that I opened it I was reminded.  That reminder got me through some tough days.  I'm still on the journey with college.  It might be a very long time until I'm done, but at least I can say that there will be a day that I will finish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment